Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
glt  
#41 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 11:54:08 AM(UTC)
glt

Groups: Member

Hello rade95

I put a new version of the code in the blog. Somehow copying the html from Arduino to the blog will chop of some code. Also fixed a bug in the volume part. You can just copy the code from the blog, paste it into a new arduino sketch and compile it.
The remote buttons may be reversed. I don't know. I disassembled my OPUS a while back, so I can't test it, just compile the code.

The only way to save the last used volume is to save it every time you adjust the volume (and I didn't want to do that) because Arduino doesn't know when you will turn it off. When you turn it off, it is already too late :-)

The sample rate is actually the oversampling rate of the WM8741 DAC. In order for the DAC to work, you match that rate to the incoming sample rate: high with high, low with low, etc. The DAC cannot automatically adjust to incoming sample rate unless you keep it at high all the time. But if you keep it at high, then you do not take advantage of the internal oversampling and the filters are not in their optimal use (this is according to Wolfson)

The DAC cannot read incoming sample rate. If it did it would not require manual adjustment.
rade95  
#42 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 8:20:24 PM(UTC)
rade95

Groups: Member
United States

Hello glt and thanks for the prompt code v07a update and for answering my questions. Things are clearer now. I have to make my own minor code mods, since I use NHD serial LCD instead of web4robots. I will test the code and make a comment in the old blog. This is not the place to do that I don't think. I am glad we got the old blog revived and I hope it gets more audience. OPUS WM8741 is a great DAC and deserves more attention. Lets continue talking in your OPUS blog (code section). BTW, my e-mail is rade95(at)gmail(dot)com, I would like to have your e-mail as well. If you still have your OPUS module in good condition I would be interested to obtain it from you. Was it WM8741 version? thanks a lot

/Rade M.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed