Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
melior  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2009 5:14:45 AM(UTC)
melior

Groups: Member

Hi,

I have soldered wires to M-Audio Transit USB to get the i2s signal out of it. I get frequent random crackling and distorted sound if I put the Metronome ASRC in between Transit and Buffalo. But when I connect the wires from Transit directly to Buffalo the sound is fine/fantastic even if I use the same cables (just twisting the input and output ends that go to the metronome together). If I lower the output sampling rate on the Metronome the crackling is less frequent but it is still annoying and switching the bypass dip high does not change anything (it should route the input port data directly to the output port, doesn't it?). I need the Metronome b/c I want to use the i2s from my Marantz DR6050 cd-recorder though I haven't tried the Marantz with the ASRC yet. The other dip switches are configure according to the Metronome manual. Does anyone have a clue what might be wrong?

Ingmar
glt  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2009 10:38:37 AM(UTC)
glt

Have you tried different sampling rate in Metro?. The only time I heard crackling was when I had high sampling rate in the Metro and low sampling rate in the OPUS. I've pulled the PCM signals from different old CDROMS and used the Metro with no problems.
Brian Donegan  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2009 10:56:32 AM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Why do you need the Metronome before the Buffalo?
melior  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 23, 2009 1:44:39 PM(UTC)
melior

The cd drive in the recorder which I want to use is almost the same electronically as cdpro2 and puts out only 48fs i2s and as i understand from multiple postings the buffalo takes only 64fs. I have now shortened the wires considerably and now the crackling is almost gone. I just don't understand that when I don't use the metro the wires can be significantly longer without causing any crackling.

Ingmar
melior  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2009 10:11:39 AM(UTC)
melior

I solved the crackling and distortion today. It was all about the cat6 cable. If the pcmin and pcmout cables shields are connected via the ethernet connectors shielding, the crackling appears. Without it everything is fine.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed