Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
luca72c  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2018 11:00:14 PM(UTC)
luca72c

Groups: Member
Italy

Hello,
i have both an Hermes-BBB board for my BBB and an Hermes-Amanero board for my Amanero. I also have a single Cronus/Rhea board and an OTTO-II multiplexer.
What i would like to do is connect both sources to my 9038 BIIIpro through the OTTO-II board, to allow switching between them. But i'm planning to connect BIII to the Cronus board directly and use the OTTO-II to switch between the 2 Hermes before going to Cronus (so both Hermes connected to a single Cronus via OTTO-II). I plan to do so to keep reclocking just before the DAC, so to avoid jitter increased across the multiplexer to reach the DAC.
What i askd is: is it possible to do this kind of switching using a single OTTO-II board?
Looking at Hermes boards, i see i need to connect at least DCLK, D1, D2, MCLK and CS to get the system working (i think i can leave 3.3Vs and GNDs connected to both Hermes boards without the need to switch, am i right?), so 5 connections needed while OTTO-II has 4.
Correct? So i need 2xOTTO-II boards to get the job done? Or maybe i can omit switching for one of the 5 connections and leave it connected to both Hermes boards all the time?
If i should use 2xOTTO-II boards, thus having 8 connections to switch between, what pins would you suggest to connect between Cronus and the 2 Hermes boards and how should i group the connections between the 2 OTTO-II boards?
Thank you very much in advance for your suggestions!

Edited by user Tuesday, August 21, 2018 11:04:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

luca72c  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2018 6:51:15 PM(UTC)
luca72c

Italy

Or maybe for switching CS signal a normal, simple 5V spdt relais could be ok, instead of a multiplexer?
CS shouldn't be a digital signal, is it?

Edited by user Wednesday, August 22, 2018 6:51:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

luca72c  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 23, 2018 6:25:05 AM(UTC)
luca72c

Italy

Maybe i could feed mclk from Cronus to both Hermes boards at the same time, without switching: could that cause a problem?
Indeed, mclk signal goes in the opposite direction than I2s signals... Is OTTO-II bidirectional?
luca72c  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 24, 2018 12:08:05 AM(UTC)
luca72c

Italy

Originally Posted by: luca72c Go to Quoted Post
Maybe i could feed mclk from Cronus to both Hermes boards at the same time, without switching: could that cause a problem?
Indeed, mclk signal goes in the opposite direction than I2s signals... Is OTTO-II bidirectional?

No reply... Maybe i have not been clear enough...
I'll make the following connections:

2xHermes Switch.jpg (198kb) downloaded 6 time(s).

Will it work, to switch between Amanero and BBB?
Thanks in advance

Edited by user Friday, August 24, 2018 12:44:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed