Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
miklau  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2018 8:43:01 PM(UTC)
miklau

Groups: Member
Denmark

Hi

I have a metronome that is connected to my COD. I have an input from the OPUS WM8804 and from a raspberry pi. They are switched in between with the OTTO I.
I have a very loud ticking sound two times a second when I pause the music using my raspberry pi. There are also loud ticks when I skip songs and starts playing again.
I have tried to remove the automute jumper but it is the same.
Have you heard of this before or do you have any good suggestions to solve this please?

Best Regards Mikkel
miklau  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 8:38:04 AM(UTC)
miklau

Denmark

I have found this on the TI forum and think it is related:

Quote:
The situation outlined where the Output data of SRC4192 is not always zero even if the input stream is zero is standard behavior for the SRC4192, and could be causing by dithering. The only options to work around it would be to use the bypass or mute.

TI Forum - SRC4192

Has anyone experienced something similar? :)

Edited by user Wednesday, September 19, 2018 8:39:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Brian Donegan  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2018 2:10:18 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
If you disconnect the RPi, does the ticking go away?

I have not experienced this before, so my first guess would be the RPi is outputing I2S when it should not be.
miklau  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 27, 2018 9:28:28 AM(UTC)
miklau

Denmark

Hi Brian

Thanks for your input :-)
The clicking stops when the Raspberry Pi is disconnect so you are correct regarding this. I do also have yours SPDIF module and that doesn't make any noise :-) I am using a OTTO I as selector switch.
I did ask Tim Cutis from MoOde Audio if the player somehow doesn't stop the output completely when pause and this is what he replied:
Quote:
I think both MPD stop and pause close the audio output. MPD retains the songs time position when paused. When stopped MPD uses time position 0 (beginning) when play resumes.
MoOde Audio Thread

So now I have implemented a software "Amp. Switch" that pulls the mute pin high on the COD DAC.
I have also added a IsolatorPi from Ian Canada which didn't solve the ticking noise but added som good SQ.

Edited by user Thursday, September 27, 2018 9:31:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed