Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
joost.koop  
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 10, 2015 9:55:12 AM(UTC)
joost.koop

Groups: Member
Netherlands

L.S.

I am looking for a remote control (receiver/ controlboard) kit to control the 4:1 spdif mux board (as input selection ).
The remote receiver has to be of the learning type.
Any suggestions?

Regards
J H. M Koop
fimpe  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 4:59:18 AM(UTC)
fimpe

Hej Joost,

Did You find a solution? i am looking for the same.

Regards Kurt
Brian Donegan  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 17, 2015 2:29:05 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Something like this will probably work: http://www.tauntek.com/t...ote-control-receiver.htm

Configure the outputs to toggle, and connect to the 0 and 1 pins of the MUX.

NOTE: I have not tried this, just did a quick search and found it.
thanks 1 user thanked Brian Donegan for this useful post.
Jhmkoop on 6/18/2015(UTC)
Jhmkoop  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2015 9:41:05 AM(UTC)
Jhmkoop

Brian,

thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it

Kurt,

I am looking into the TinyIR suggestion, a possible Dantimax solution and a Iknowvations "special"

Dantimax seems to be out of business, they do not reply to my mails anymore. Iknowvations is going to quote a "special", a control board for the 4:1 spdif mux board and for the volume control of the DAC (with digital pots).

As soon as I know more I will post on the forum

Regards

Joost
Jhmkoop  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 6:10:58 AM(UTC)
Jhmkoop

Kurt,

Iknowvations has offered to develop a board. I have to order 5 at once.
If you are interested, let me know soon and I will post the specs / requirements and the price
they quoted.

Joost

fimpe  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 12:42:35 PM(UTC)
fimpe

Hej Joost,

I am interested :-)

/Kurt Mikeklsen
Jhmkoop  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 24, 2015 1:04:55 PM(UTC)
Jhmkoop

Kurt,

this is what I ordered (see below). I had to order 5 pcs at once and am willing to sell 4, 3 or 2 pc (at once)

Regards
Joost

A control board that can receive 12 IR signals (S0 to S11): 

S0 gives the digital word  000 on the three output control lines of the control board (in 3.3V / 0V form) 
S1 gives the digital word  001 on the three output control lines of the control board (in 3.3V / 0V form)
S2 gives the digital word  010 on the three output control lines of the control board (in 3.3V / 0V form) 
S3 gives the digital word  011 on the three output control lines of the control board (in 3.3V / 0V form) 
S4 gives the digital word  100 on the three output control lines of the control board (in 3.3V / 0V form) 
S5 gives the digital word  101 on the three output control lines of the control board (in 3.3V / 0V form)
S6 gives the digital word  110 on the three output control lines of the control board (in 3.3V / 0V form)
S7 gives the digital word  111 on the three output control lines of the control board (in 3.3V / 0V form) 
S8 is the Vol Up signal and controls two pots (up)
S9 is the Vol Down signal and controls the two pots (down)
S10 is the Channel Up signal and steps the control board through the words 000 to 111 on the three output control lines (one word every one or two seconds or so) 
S11 is the Channel Down signal and steps the control board through the words 111 to 000 on the three output control lines (one word every one or two seconds or so)

When the IR signal (S0 or S1 or S2 etc.) disappears (is switched off) the three output control lines should retain the last word they carried until a new IR signal is received (so: “switch and hold” on receiving an IR signal)

Add 8 blue LED’s (same colour, same brightness), connected to the board with (separate) flexible wires of at least 15 cm long. There has to be always one (and no more) of the leds on to indicate which word is on the control lines (different word, different led). All LED’s are off when the power is totally off.

The two pots have to be linear stereo 5 k or 10k pots. Each pot should be
always in the same position as the other one (together they should
form a 4 channel pot). Please inform me what you will use (5k’s or 10k’s)

Digital pots on the control board are  OK. They 
1) should have at least 100 discrete resistive steps (resistance should be “sensed” over the pot) 
2) the position of the pot should be remembered, also when power is completely off.
3) there will be 3V to 5V DC over each pot-section. The pots should be able to handle these voltages and the resulting currents

The receiver board should be “learning”: able to learn S0 to S11 from real IR signals. The board has to be able to learn most, not all, types of IR signals.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed