Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
peterpan188  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 13, 2015 10:33:35 PM(UTC)
peterpan188

Groups: Member

Sorry for another no lock question. I went thru a bit of troubleshooting before posting so please give me hand!

I have the BIII living a shoe box for about a year, along with a USB -SPDIF converter. It was producing sweet music and I finally got the time give it a permanent home. All was well until I try to reconnect everything. For sanity check, I only use a direct input into the BIII, going into D1 input. All dipon the SW1 and SW2 are in ONposition (I bought the BIII in 2011 and didn't upgrade to the new firmware). I also tried them at OFF positions. All input voltages are ok.

I subsequently tried a different USB board for negative check, but still no luck.

Please see the attach picture. I checked the OUT pin of trident and the voltages are 3.27V on the right, 3.26V in the bottom, 1.18 on the right and 3.43V on the top (both sides), if you are viewing the image with Twisted Pear logo in the correct orientation.

What should be my next step? Thank you in advance.

buffalo3
Brian Donegan  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2015 12:49:22 AM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Where is the digital signal input ground? Do the source and the Buffalo share a power supply?

peterpan188  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2015 12:56:59 AM(UTC)
peterpan188

Yes the Placid HD is set up to 5.25V and powers both the USB and BIII. By that connection I think the grounds are at the same reference. The SPDIF signal is supplied to the IO pin and the ground on the pin directed behind it.

Thanks!
Russ White  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2015 1:27:14 PM(UTC)
Russ White

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Are you sure there is SPDIF present?
peterpan188  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2015 2:06:19 PM(UTC)
peterpan188

I am pretty sure. I used this USB CARD on a older TDA1943 DAC that I build and it locked and produced sound right away.also I tried using a WaveIO USB with its isolated SPDIF output but no luck with the BIII neither.

Thanks!
Brian Donegan  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 14, 2015 2:22:36 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Since it worked before the transplant, my guess is that it is something simple, like a loose or missing connection.

That said, I cannot think of anything off the top of my head... Maybe after some more coffee.....

[Edit] what does the other end if the Spdif feed look like?

Edited by user Saturday, February 14, 2015 2:24:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

peterpan188  
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2015 4:44:50 PM(UTC)
peterpan188

Same thing, just pin connector on a molex pins. In fact I tried to solder right onto the bottom side of the molex connector but still no luck.

I'm starting to think during the transport I might have damage something on the B3. Other than the voltages I measured on the tridents, what else can I check?

Just to verify, if all the positions on SW1 and 2 are off, I should be able to lock from D1 on the IO connector, right?

Thanks again.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed