Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Shaman  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2014 4:06:31 PM(UTC)
Shaman

Groups: Member

Hey Russ & Brian,

I'm about to integrate Teleporters into an existing project but have a question I was hoping you could help me with.
Thing is, the receiving box has thick panels and, to make things worse, not enough space at the back. Therefore directly mounting the receiving Teleporter at the back is not an option.

Good news is that I can replace one of the existing Neutrik USB connectors with an equivalent RJ45 connector, as they have the same dimensions (standard Neutrik D-Type).
I could use either the feedthrough type or the ones with the exposed pins at the back (see link above), and route those to the receiving Teleporter (which will be located somewhere inside the case).

Question is: Would this connection affect the LVDS transmission, i.e. will the two Teleporters still be able to function as intended with the extra RJ45 connector in between?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by user Wednesday, February 5, 2014 4:10:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Brian Donegan  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2014 5:22:31 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Either way should work, as long as you maintain the twisted pairs inside the case.
Shaman  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 5, 2014 5:38:50 PM(UTC)
Shaman

Groups: Member

Thanks, Brian! Good to know.
I think I'll go with the feedthrough type; that way I'll be able to use a short (e.g. 0.3m), ready-made, UTP cable and not have to mess with soldering pins/twisting cables etc.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed