Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
slamecka  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2013 2:15:08 PM(UTC)
slamecka

Groups: Member

I have an audio input and output board that are both fixed as I2M Masters. The input board reference clock (MCLK) operates at 12.288 MHz at 48K. The output board reference clock (MCLK) operates at 24.576 MHz at 48K.

I know I can configure the Metronome to be an I2S slave to both the input and output boards however I am unclear about the operation of the reference clock on the Metronome in this configuration.

Questions:

• The SRC4192 appears to have only one reference clock input. Does that mean that the two I2S Masters need to be running at the same MCLK frequency for this configuration to work?

• If this is supported, do I connect both MCLKs to the Metronome?

• Should I disable the internal reference clock by shunting the Disable jumper?

Any assistance - especially with switch settings - is much appreciated.

Thanks, Al
slamecka  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 20, 2013 5:28:24 PM(UTC)
slamecka

Groups: Member

Seems I figured out how to make this work although my configuration changed a bit from my earlier post.

I'm still using two I2S Masters however they both operate at the same reference clock frequency... so not sure if this would work with if they operated at different frequencies.

The Metronome MODE switches are set so that both PCMIN and PCMOUT are I2S Slaves. Following the Metronome manual, I did not connect SCLK (reference clock) on PCMIN. All other connections on PCMIN and all connections PCMOUT were attached to the corresponding pins on the I2S Masters.

This configuration works when I jumper the DISABLE pins. I'm assuming this allows SCLK from the I2S Master connected to PCMOUT to be the reference clock for the Metronome.

Happy to get this working as it's an easy and elegant solution for two I2S Master boards. Most 3rd party boards I've encountered are I2S Master's and the Metronome is a nice COTS solution.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed