Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
deafbykhorns  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 6:15:29 PM(UTC)
deafbykhorns

Groups: Member

I now have the sidecar working with the correct 5v relays!
However, I need some help with the metronome settings.

1. What position of the switch is 0 and what is 1 ? The board has a center, top and bottom position.
2. I am connected to I2S output of Audio Alchemy DDS Pro with SCK input disconnected (which comes from players MCK)
3. Attached picture below of current switch positions which will work but I had to disconnect SCK (MCK from player) at the input which got rid of the distortion. However, the signal wont stayed locked after each song (light blinks on and off), it takes a power cycle (or sidecar relay cycle) to lock onto the next song.

It does sound better with the I2S, it seems to be a fuller sound and ever so slightly less bright on the top end so I'm really motivated to get this working and learn some digital at the same time. My scopes (Tekronix 2485DMS) resolution is not all that great so I cant get a good reading to interpret the I2S outputs so its gonna take a little luck and some help. I'm assuming the older player I2S is 48fs.

I dont know how the switches are interpreted so cant tell what settings are on the ASRC

Help!!

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Tuesday, January 17, 2012 6:18:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Brian Donegan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 6:22:37 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
The + side = 1

The - side = 0

The center position is Open.
deafbykhorns  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:20:17 PM(UTC)
deafbykhorns

I did figure out switch positions so here are the current switch settings....
Mode is set at Master with 512fs
Output port is set at I2S 24bit
Input port is set at unused??? Why is it working? This is the only position that works (when sidecar or power cycle is done)
LGRP is normal
Bypass is disabled

PCM out to Metronome wires are about 4" long.
I2S from AA is 2', could this be the problem without the SCK connected? This was the factory cable length from the AA for this transport.

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Tuesday, January 17, 2012 7:25:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

deafbykhorns  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:35:10 PM(UTC)
deafbykhorns

Found the problem....
My sidecard has intermittent problem in relay after replacing the 24v with 5v relays.
It seems breaking up the relays and desoldering did some damage. Found it after twisting the third relay around a bit. I think I must of pulled out part of the copper in the solder hole when removing pins
Rss Feed  Atom Feed