Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lunar07  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2010 9:11:36 AM(UTC)
Lunar07

Groups: Member

I got the TOSLINK receiver and later this month I'll get the S/PDIF tranceiver.
I am curious about one thing: If I use the SPDIF input on the tranceiver straight from an RCA coax output, from a digital receiver with an SPDIF output, a friend of mine insists that it will not work because one has to use TTL 5V voltage conversion circuit on the spdif signal. Are there any rules to observe in how we use the SPDIF input on this unit from an RCA COAX cable? I was always under the impression that one can connect the RCA coax cable signal to the SPDIF input using two pins one for signal and one for ground without worrying about any conversion.
Brian Donegan  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2010 2:32:30 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
You are correct, your friend is mistaken.
Lunar07  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 6, 2010 3:12:04 PM(UTC)
Lunar07

Brian Donegan wrote:
You are correct, your friend is mistaken.

I thought so. Maybe he is refering to 5V conversion when connecting to a PC sound card with SPDIF pin receiver. In which case the 5V matches the PC chipset. I dunno.
Anyway, I was looking at the SPDIF tranceiver manual. Can you confitm following for me:
1. PCM IN and OUT are on Din and Dout respectively,
2. In case of: SPDIF IN/SPDIF+PCM OUT, is the tranceiver in this case acting as a passthrough of SPDIF IN to SPDIF OUT?
3. A 7.5V supply is recommended. Do you have such power supplies? Or maybe a link to a 7.5V power supply that you recommend.
Brian Donegan  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 7, 2010 5:54:40 AM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
1. Yes.

2. Yes, but the S/PDIF out will still be "dejittered" by the WM8804.

3. Our LCDPS can be used for this. It has adjustable Vout. You can actually go lower than 7.5V if you are only powering the transceiver, as the onboard vregs are 3.3V. I would stay about 5.5V though to be sure you have enough headroom.
Lunar07  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 7, 2010 8:15:02 AM(UTC)
Lunar07

Brian Donegan wrote:
1. Yes.

2. Yes, but the S/PDIF out will still be "dejittered" by the WM8804.

3. Our LCDPS can be used for this. It has adjustable Vout. You can actually go lower than 7.5V if you are only powering the transceiver, as the onboard vregs are 3.3V. I would stay about 5.5V though to be sure you have enough headroom.

Ok. I just noticed that you have the Opus + transceiver + LCDPS combo. Good deal.
In which case, I do have one question regarding Opus DAC (and the USB receiver that is out of stock). I'll ask in the respective forum sections.
I wish you guys have toslink transmitters ready to use like the toslink receiver module.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed