Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Darkstargtk  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2018 3:07:38 AM(UTC)
Darkstargtk

Groups: Member
United States

Copy and paste from diyaudio thread - post #602.
——
Maybe someone on this thread can help me out?! I’ve got moderate hacking/soldering skills and a medium level of knowledge about electronic components. I’ve got a DMM but no scope.

I started with the BBB image posted in the DSC GB thread, basically completely stripped save for NAA and a shell. I can get the BBB to play if I set the clock to internal and do not connect the Hermes board (without Cronus). Even with the clocks set to internal as soon as I connect the Hermes ALSA on the BBB will time out. Right now I’m using the botic image from ieero.com with the same results so I’m thinking hardware problems for sure.

I’ve read through hundreds of posts :-) and I’m thinking maybe the BBB is not getting a clock from the Cronus - but that doesn’t make sense when I set the optargs to the internal 48k clock of the BBB why the Hermes will stop playback?

I’ve attached a few images of my board config - no DAC connected currently as I haven’t gotten past the inability to start playback. I ended up reversing the header on the Cronus / Hermes connection after laying it all out (without a hot air station that was fun...).

I reflowed all header solder joints as well as the 4-pin sockets for the RHEA modules. There was a wonky SMD component on the Cronus - I was able to shift it over just a little bit so it wasn’t on top of the cap right next to it. I’m supplying 5.2V to each module and it doesn’t seem to make a difference whether I give power to the BBB/Hermes side from the Hermes or the BBB barrel connector.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Edited by user Thursday, September 20, 2018 2:35:02 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed