Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
vigr  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2009 4:41:16 AM(UTC)
vigr

Groups: Member

Hi, I have already built the complete Buffalo kit.

Because my soundcards have only Toslink output I have to use it. (OK, I do not want to search for SP/DIF stealing point and go through RCA somewhere).
I was assuming that I would use one leg of LCDPS (the "digital" one output) to feed both Toslink and Buffalo from one source.

1) The toslink output is connected to S/PDIF of Buffalo (should I go to D1 even with 1.2 layout?)

2) After doing so, everything plays, but I measure on Buffalo DC inputs very variable voltage during load (based probably on toslink data receiving). It goes round 5.6V-5.9V DC during operation.

3) Second (more stupid) question: are 6.6VDC and 6VDC voltage meant Loaded or unloaded?

4) Btw. I had some 9.2VDC on analog stage before and I liked the sound much more, how can be this possible? (I do not use IVY stage and go via top-quality tin-foil capacitor directly via "-" to RCA)

BIG THANKS for answer and MAKING THIS SPECTACULARY GREAT DAC available for us, mortals.

Edited by user Saturday, January 24, 2009 6:34:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Russ White  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 6:37:48 AM(UTC)
Russ White

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Hi and thanks.

1) It much less important on V-1.2 modules, but I would personally still use D1 for TORX input.

2) Interesting... I have never seen mine sag under load. I will have to look into this.

3) Well lets say loaded. :)

4) Its actually fine to use up to say 10V on VA, you just need to watch the heat dissipation of the opamp. If it gets too hot then turn VA down a bit. :)

Cheers!
Russ

Edited by user Saturday, January 24, 2009 1:54:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Brian Donegan  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 6:44:14 AM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
What are you using for transformers? (Wondering about the sagging voltages).
vigr  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 11:27:02 AM(UTC)
vigr

Thanks Russ and Brian for quick answer!

I use Avel from you, (15VA, 2x9V). My domestic voltage is 230VAC, so the primaries are in series as described on avel's website. The analog part does not flow at all.

If I understood right, the Torx should be feeded with the LCDPS together with Buffalo without problem?

The input voltage is very stable, at least during time I measure it :)
vigr  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 4, 2009 12:39:43 PM(UTC)
vigr

Hello there, maybe one clue: the trimmer after the regulator does not do anything, probably is dead. The second one (in analogue stage) works, so I try to change this two between and will let you know.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed