Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Alcaudon  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 26, 2008 2:04:22 AM(UTC)
Alcaudon

Groups: Member

Hi all,

I'm going to order a Darwin for my next MilletMax. The plan is to use it to switch between three different inputs (An Alien, and two pairs of RCA). So.... since I just need one output, and I want to save space in the front panel.... how do I have to wire it for just one output, so I can use only one rotary?

Oh, and it will also be great if anyone could tell me board dimensions.

Many thanks to all!!!!!!!
akione  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 26, 2008 4:56:14 AM(UTC)
akione

Hi Alcaudon,

I can help you with this. The board is 100mm long by 38mm wide.

If you only install the relays to the '6' side, the outputs will be on the three inner pins of the 'loop' connector ie 'top'.

Incidentally, you'll only need to install 3 of the relays.

Hope that helps :)
Alcaudon  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 26, 2008 11:05:45 AM(UTC)
Alcaudon

Many thanks for your answer akione!!!

So... if I just populate the 6 input relays and leave unpopulated the 2 output relays, I can take the output directly from the three top pins of the loop connector, getting a 6 input / 1 output selector, is this correct?
akione  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 26, 2008 11:59:12 AM(UTC)
akione

Yes. That's Correct.

The other two relays at the other end are fed to the lower pins, usually for outputs, but could be used for anything.
Alcaudon  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 26, 2008 12:03:49 PM(UTC)
Alcaudon

Great! Ordering right now :d/

Many thaks for your help akione!!!!!!
soloz2  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:31:19 AM(UTC)
soloz2

I plan to do something very similar, except I want one output, ie to the Max, and then I'd like to keep the loop output so I can use a second amp. How would this be wired?
akione  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:22:37 AM(UTC)
akione

soloz2 wrote:
I plan to do something very similar, except I want one output, ie to the Max, and then I'd like to keep the loop output so I can use a second amp. How would this be wired?

The standard Darwin wiring would give you 2 switched outputs.

You could wire it with a 3 way switch so that you have one or the other or both.

Is that what you mean ?
soloz2  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2008 6:57:01 AM(UTC)
soloz2

akione wrote:
soloz2 wrote:

The standard Darwin wiring would give you 2 switched outputs.

You could wire it with a 3 way switch so that you have one or the other or both.

Is that what you mean ?

Not exactly, It is my understanding that the Darwin allows for 2 switched outputs and one loop out that is always available. I don't forsee needing two outputs and a loop out so I would like to have one output go to my Max and the (Potentially loop out)as an output that is always on. This will allow me to easily switch between amps. Ideally I would like to do this with only one switch on my front panel. I'm just not sure how to wire it for this function.
akione  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 27, 2008 10:40:47 PM(UTC)
akione

soloz2 wrote:
Not exactly, It is my understanding that the Darwin allows for 2 switched outputs and one loop out that is always available. I don't forsee needing two outputs and a loop out so I would like to have one output go to my Max and the (Potentially loop out)as an output that is always on. This will allow me to easily switch between amps. Ideally I would like to do this with only one switch on my front panel. I'm just not sure how to wire it for this function.

Hmmm, so 1 always on and 1 switched ?

You just need to jumper the loop-through connectors and take the 'always on' from there.

All you would need then is an on-off switch on the front panel which would switch one of the other relays on the '2' side, on and off,

or, should you decide you need the other output, you could use a double throw switch to select either of the 2 outputs.

[I put 3 switched outputs and 1 fixed output on my pre-amp and it's just about enough. :)]
soloz2  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2008 7:01:05 AM(UTC)
soloz2

akione wrote:
soloz2 wrote:

Hmmm, so 1 always on and 1 switched ?

You just need to jumper the loop-through connectors and take the 'always on' from there.

All you would need then is an on-off switch on the front panel which would switch one of the other relays on the '2' side, on and off,

or, should you decide you need the other output, you could use a double throw switch to select either of the 2 outputs.

[I put 3 switched outputs and 1 fixed output on my pre-amp and it's just about enough. :)]

Really both outputs could be always on. I just would like to have two outputs and only one switch (switch the inputs) to keep the front panel looking cleaner
Brian Donegan  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, July 29, 2008 10:30:40 AM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Just hardwire the ground triggers for the two output relays.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed