Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jo1964  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 31, 2009 4:47:40 AM(UTC)
Jo1964

Groups: Member

Hi all. This is my first post here.
I’ve just received a Joshua Tree + I2C Relay Driver + Volumite Kit. I have several doubts because my kit doesn’t include any written manual.

1) I think the pin assignment in I2C Relay driver and Volumite PCB pads is as follows:
R. Driver -> Volumite
VDD -> VCC
GND -> GND
SDA -> SDA
SCL -> SCL
And PB1-PB3 pads aren’t used. Is this pin assignment correct?

2) Is it necessary to fit the voltage regulator (IC2) in Volumite PCB, if it is powered directly by the I2C Relay Driver (perhaps the Relay Driver already supplies the correct voltage for Volumite)?. What I have to do with IC2? All other parts (IC1, C1-2-3, R1-2 and Potentiometer) must be installed. Am I correct?

3) Is it possible to install the I2C Relay Driver PBB very close to a small E-I transformer (I’m going to install the Joshua Tree attenuator inside a CD player)? I’ve read that the 4-wire cable must be short or carefully laid out to avoid digital interference. Any recommendation about this? Is it better a twisted pairs and shield cable?

4) The Joshua Tree MkII schematic shows that some resistors are directly in signal path (R1, R4, R7, R10, R13, R16, R16S, R19 and R19S) and some are connected to ground. Is it worth to upgrade only these Dale “signal” resistors, for example with IRC RC55Y 0.1% or even Caddocks? What is your recommendation regarding any resistor upgrade?

5) If I don’t mind not to have a full mute, can I left S7 relay uninstalled, and take the attenuated output directly from the R19SA and R19SB out pads, in order to have a more pure signal path?

Thanks in advance for your answers
Best regards
Jose
Rss Feed  Atom Feed