Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
cdeveza  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2016 6:58:42 AM(UTC)
cdeveza

Groups: Member
United States

Hi,

This is more of an inquiry. Last month I was able to finish my Buffalo IIIse stereo, runs fine with no problem, then started to build my second one for a dual mono, followed the manual, got it setup, runs fine and I was very satisfied with the sound. I enjoyed listening to it for about 2 weeks, then I started to see if I can do external controller based on the HiFiduino setup. Thats when things got messy. I followed all the wiring based on the HiFiduino's website, and I got the LCD running ok. I rewire my DAC to just plain stereo again to make things simple at first, then I connect the controller thru the I2C connector of the DAC. I could not make it to work. I do have a level converter from 5v to 3v, but after messing around with it for three days, I could not make the controller to connect to the DAC, then I did the crazy thing, I connect the controller to the I2C connector of the DAC WITHOUT the level converter, so its going in at 5v. This is where I think I messed up. After I messing with it for a while, I gave up and rewire my DAC back for dual-mono, NOW, my dual mono would not work. The second DAC without the local controller is not receiving I2C signal from the other DAC.

So guys, did I mess it up? if so, is this fixable? Russ, Brian, Help, advice..anyone..
Russ White  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 1:32:14 PM(UTC)
Russ White

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Try both DACs stereo and see if they are functioning correctly. Then we can go from there. :)
cdeveza  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 16, 2016 4:10:02 PM(UTC)
cdeveza

Groups: Member
United States

Yes, I got it running, my mistake..sorry
Rss Feed  Atom Feed