Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Possum  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2015 6:11:56 AM(UTC)
Possum

Groups: Member
Australia

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
7.1 channel USB surround sound Buffalo DAC

Wohoo! After nearly 2 years of pulling my hair out I finally resorted to reclocking the USB Streamer and voila! It works! 7.1 channels of surround sound sweetness from USB. Thanks to Jens for revealing how to reclock a USB Streamer so that the B3 can lock onto it.
C37  
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2015 7:01:01 PM(UTC)
C37

Originally Posted by: Possum Go to Quoted Post
7.1 channel USB surround sound Buffalo DAC

Wohoo! After nearly 2 years of pulling my hair out I finally resorted to reclocking the USB Streamer and voila! It works! 7.1 channels of surround sound sweetness from USB. Thanks to Jens for revealing how to reclock a USB Streamer so that the B3 can lock onto it.

Hi Possum

Would you mind sharing the complete details of how you got the USBstreamer to be reclocked? I ve been looking for this lately
Possum  
#3 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 12:52:50 AM(UTC)
Possum

Australia

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I simply followed the advice on JensH's DiyAudio thread on the subject (google 'Master clock and isolator for the MiniDSP USBStreamer') - go to page 5 of the thread for the specifics.

As his post suggests, he offers a comprehensive solution to the master clock issue, but I just wanted to get the damned thing working and had a spare 24.576 external clock handy (note, you will lose native 44.1Khz support with my hack, but I use windows audio drivers set to 96Khz so I don't mind this as the OS does the resampling)

Here's how to do it:

Find the only 10 pin IC on the board (just above the left hand side of the right Toslink socket). Pin 3 of this IC provides the MCLK to the XMOS chip via a 100R resistor just above pin 10 of this same IC. Remove this resistor and use its top pad (the one NOT connected to pin 3 of the IC) to inject a decent external MCLK.

Thats it! Unless you wish to use JensH's more comprehensive solution or perhaps adapt the BBB Cronus Reclocker board (which is what I will be looking at next)

I would also strongly recommend connecting a wire from the resistor pad to one of the unconnected header pins and then inject the MCLK via the header as the resistor pad is tiny and easily damaged.

Cheers,

Poss.
C37  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 5, 2015 6:09:28 PM(UTC)
C37

Hey Poss, thanks for this - I know that thread on DYiaudio but somehow skipped that info- i have a BBB handy but unless Brian explains what he meant in laymans term i would'nt know how to implement it on the BBB. :
Cheers
Russ White  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 12, 2015 9:09:11 PM(UTC)
Russ White

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Great info! Thanks!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed