Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cowboy99  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2015 11:07:15 PM(UTC)
Cowboy99

Groups: Member
United States

When considering doing a multi-channel BIII build, the question of which Pass power amp would work best with it in multiple output pairs needs consideration.
I've acquired almost all the pieces, BIII , the other TP modules, all various power supply, etc for a multi- or dual-mono. BUT...I intend to follow Russ's advice and "keep it simple at first with a stereo version"... to learn the DAC well before jumping into 4 or 6-channel (w/2 or 3 BIIIs) or dual-mono (w/2 BIII's).
I 'HAVE TO' at least swim in the multi-channel waters..... but can foresee Dual-Mono as a actually better trade-off.
OK, what have I not considered before I begin THE BUILD ?

Maybe, .... What the hell do I intend to feed all this to ? The Output power stages need to be flexible/expandable with common building blocks with each 2X channel increase.

Once I thought... Pass F5, even F5Tc. No! What a pain-in-*** 6ch bias beast that would be.
F4 - Ahh, its a DAC build, not a gain stage. And no, I'm not interested in using chip amps or class D !

With its stability, high input impedance (240K)...... even a sensitive 'glass' pre- would enjoy it.
A regular Joe, yet Class A ?
The Pass Aleph J seems to be a great choice ( but I could be wrong). Would not have to think of building a 4 or 6 channel J-amp. Believe I could simply add separate 2-channel stereo units. Common grounding may be big issue and possibly necessitate 'balance mode'.
So, long story short:
What do you think of Aleph-J power, feed by a Buffalo III DAC 2-6 channel ????

Charles

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2015 4:52:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cowboy99  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2015 11:32:06 PM(UTC)
Cowboy99

Groups: Member
United States

Had to re-write that post, sorry. Didn't get the question across well.

Edited by user Tuesday, August 18, 2015 5:00:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Brian Donegan  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 24, 2015 3:33:51 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
This was also posted (and answered) on DIYAudio.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed