Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Brian Donegan  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 1, 2008 6:53:25 AM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
First, to answer what is quickly becoming the most common question in the universe: When do we expect the Buffalo to be available again?

We have boards. We have all the parts. We are waiting on chips. We have received several emails per day about this, and expect to have lots of orders, probably more than I will be able to fill at the rate I can build them, so we are looking to have them assembled for us. We have a vendor selected, and as soon as the chips arrive, that process will start and will take two weeks. We will then (hopefully) have enough Buffalo DACs to meet the initial demand. As soon as I have a rock solid date, I will post it here. There is no waiting list. At that point I will open up pre-orders, and it will be first come, first serve.

Second, when will we have the Opus back in stock? Well two things to say here. The boards should be in my hands next week and I will start building right away. The big news here: the next round of Opus DACs will be built with the WM8741 chip, so will support DSD and the better specs associated with that chip. The chip is about $10 more, so the Opus price will get bumped accordingly. No other changes for the Opus.

Third, when will the COD be back in stock. The COD boards are arriving with the Opus boards, so as fast as I can build them, they will be available. There are no other changes for the COD.

I expect to begin accepting pre-orders for the Opus and COD in the next day or so (maybe today), and hope to begin shipping them the week of June 23rd. The only potential downside at the moment is that we are running low on receiver boards, but an order for them is going in as I write this. We will also have a new receiver board available soon, which we will be posting details about very soon.

Okay, before we are inundated with question about how each DAC compares to the other, we have not heard the Opus with the WM8741 yet, so don't have an opinion. We also generally do not like to post subjective opinions about our gear, other than to say we would not offer it if we did not like it and think it sounded great.

Edited by user Sunday, June 1, 2008 6:55:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

penger  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 1, 2008 11:33:22 AM(UTC)
penger

Groups: Member

This is exciting to hear! Thanks for the update Brian.
glt  
#3 Posted : Friday, June 6, 2008 11:37:33 AM(UTC)
glt

Groups: Member

I ordered the new 8741-based OPUS to upgrade my current OPUS. I see that FSEL will allow you to select one of three filters in the DAC. The data sheet shows filter response curves for low, med and high sample rate. Does this mean that in combination with the Metronome, there will be 9 possible filter response options with the new DAC? Hopefully Brian/Russ will help me select the "best" combination....
Rss Feed  Atom Feed