Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
PJN  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 7, 2008 6:18:41 AM(UTC)
PJN

Groups: Customer

Brian,

I'm looking for a selector switch to allow three inputs to a preamp, I think I saw that you had one on an Opus Dac build that you posted a while back. If my memory is correct could you tell me where you got it from ?

Thanks,

Paul
Brian Donegan  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2008 5:33:49 AM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Hi Paul-

In the DAC I used one of the 3-position/4-pole rotary switches from our Darwin kits to control an OTTO prototype, resulting in a two-source selector + off. I did not run any analog of digital audio signals through the switch. I simply ran Vbus from the USB module (5V when USB connected) to the switch, then to the OTTO. I also ran AC power to one of the switch poles. In the Off position, everything was disconnected. In S/PDIF and USB positions, the system was powered up. Since the OTTO was being powered by Vbus, if no USB source was connected, the OTTO coudl not turn on, so S/PDIF was always active, regardless of whether the selector was set for USB or S/PDIF. Once Vbus was available (there was a USB source), selecting USB would enable the USB via the OTTO. I also used small bi-color LEDs, switching them with yet another switch pole, to indicate which sources were available.

Hope this helps.

The rotary switch is from Mouser, part number 105-SR2511F-43FN.

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Sunday, May 11, 2008 5:36:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed