Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
LucasJH  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:30:52 PM(UTC)
LucasJH

Groups: Member
United Kingdom

Hi,

My legato is shorting across from the V+ channel across to the V- , Im hoping someone can point me in the right direction for likely component(s) at fault or alternative problem.

I noticed the other day that suddenly my dac was sounding very distorted and did not work at all from cold, so Ive just tested everything out as manual set up tests; discovered that the PSU (placid bp hd) was increasing its V output with change in VR1B (~current), obviously not correct. Also not shunting anything on its negative rail even with much increased current.

Boo hoo! To cut a long story short, without the legato the placid is behaving perfectly; measuring the legato V to earth, I can see that the V is identical for each parallel component and that changing or removing V- input makes no difference to readings.

Is this likely to be the relay not cutting in, or something else perhaps?
Should the relay be making a 'click' noise btw?

Thanks,
Lucas

SCompRacer  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 4:08:45 AM(UTC)
SCompRacer

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Hi Lucas. Not sure if this thread may apply....but the advice I got worked for me.

http://www.twistedpearau...ems---Relay-Problem.aspx

I had to bump up from shunting 50mA to get my dual mono Legato relays to close. I would get 14.88 + on one side and 2.88 - on the other side. Shunting 65mA closed the relays fully so each side of the Legato's was at full pos and neg output power of the Placid HD BP's when powered up.

Oh, and yes if ambient noise is low you can hear the relays click.

Edited by user Thursday, September 20, 2012 4:14:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LucasJH  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:03:09 AM(UTC)
LucasJH

United Kingdom

I have fixed it, thanks Rich you inspired me to try it once more before starting any desoldering and testing... definitely many thanks there!

Unfortunately I don't know exactly how it was fixed or what the problem was. All I can say is that after the third attempt today of resetting everything again from scratch it seems to be stable again.

L

Edited by user Thursday, September 20, 2012 11:03:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

charly  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 12:18:21 AM(UTC)
charly

Chile

Hi, in my case i noticed the same short when checking my soldering, but when powering up, it went ok, so yes, the rele.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed