Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
glt  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2007 10:16:03 PM(UTC)
glt

Groups: Member

With the replacement of Kokaburra with Pogo, are there plans for a board that can drive a headphone?. One option will be a board with the TPA6120. The balsie seems the right type of board with the output opamp replaced with the TPA6120. Most headphone amps are designed to take a SE input, but if one can take the balanced out of the Opus dac into 2 pogos and then to a balanced amp and a TPA6120-based board, then that would be super!
Brian Donegan  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2007 6:21:34 AM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
We are actually in the midst of designing a discrete/semi-discrete headphone module. We are hashing through a bunch of designs and it seems to be evolving nicely. One thing for sure is that it will stack with the existing modules and have balanced inputs.

glt  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 25, 2007 11:03:02 AM(UTC)
glt

Groups: Member

Excellent news. I also want to take this opportunity and thank you (and Russ) for providing these kits. I have always been interested in diy but getting boards and sourcing components from different places plus the need to solder SM components were too big of a barrier to overcome. Now with Twisted Pear, this hobbie is becoming a reality at least for me. Thanks again for your service/effort and hope you will continue to do this for a long time.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed