Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
eDionysus2011  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 6:07:44 AM(UTC)
eDionysus2011

Groups: Member

Hi all,

I'm in the process of building me a Buffalo DAC and have a question that is probably peanuts for you guys over here.
This is my first high-end build and I'm trying to do it right the first time.

There are so many different types of IEC Connectors with Power Line Filters Its giving me a headace.
What type of filter are you supposed to get?
First of all... is there any use in applying one or is there no audible difference?

Do I have to use a "medical" type?
I guess a 2A current type is enough for a typical Buffalo / Trident / IVY / MUX setup (I have 1x Placid / 1x Placid BP and 1x LCDPS supplies).
What kind of characteristic does it need to have... "High frequency filter" or "RFI filter" or "differential mode" or "for High Impedance loads" or etc..

LeonvB and MrMajestic reference the Schurter types but which one.... Schurter has many types (KFB1, KFB2, DC12, DC22, DD12, DD22, KMF, GRM2, GRM4, FKH, FKI, FKID, etc...)

Can someone shed some light for me...

Kind regards
LeonvB  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 11:09:30 AM(UTC)
LeonvB

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 45 post(s)
I use Schurter DD12, standard 2A for the DAC (DD12.2121.111) and M5 10A version for my UCD (DD12.9321.111). The medical version is harder to get, but it is a requirement for UCD modules.
The DD12 is a screw type, which means you can easily fasten them in an enclosure. Creating the hole is simple: drill 4 holes only just touching the corners, and cut out the material between them with fi. a jig saw. Mount the IEC and drill the 2 holes for the screws.

Strictly you don't need a filter, but since I'm running a powerline network I wanted to make sure less HF noise was inserted into the equipment.
Don't forget you'll need a fuse drawer with these: 4301.1403. Plus a few faston connectors to connect the wiring.
eDionysus2011  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2011 2:20:55 AM(UTC)
eDionysus2011

Thanx for your reply Leon!

Our setup seems to be familiar because I'm also using a powerline network.
I will order the specified type!
Finally the IEC quest is over... up to the next challenge Drool

Cheers!

P.S> My compliments on your contributions to this forum they offer a great help!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed