Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mark Briggs  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 3, 2010 6:55:03 PM(UTC)
Mark Briggs

Groups: Member

Think I have a X2 Opus in duel diff mode and have bought a IVY III for simultaneous balanced and single ended use and also to hear the filter on the IVY III. Is it ok to use one IVY III with the two Opus 8741's using the same set up as if it was just one 8741 by using the resister values listed in the manual for IVYIII and Opus? ( 2K2 and 750R for 2V). I have read some threads that mention replacing the Opus output caps with resisters rather than just bridging them when using 2X Opus in duel diff mode with one IVYIII and am not sure if that is right? Please direct me to the proper info. I have really enjoyed the Opus. Thanks

Russ White  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 3:57:25 PM(UTC)
Russ White

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
It should work just fine with the same resistors, and I would indeed use the resistors where the output caps normally go. They can be very low value. I would use something like 10-21R.
Mark Briggs  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 4, 2010 4:41:06 PM(UTC)
Mark Briggs

Groups: Member

Thank you Russ, I have enjoyed building, studying and listening to your products. I have a Cary CAI1 driving two JBL LS80,s with the opus as the source. The sound is so smooth and natural, the opus adds significant depth to the staging over any other source I have tried. To be happy I really just have to add more source inputs and switching, but I decided to add the IVY III because it would be nice to have some SE options. I am sticking with the opus for now, I here it has a bit better Bass detail than the Buffalo? Wont be certain until I here a Buffalo, Maybe a Opus for the bass and a Buffalo for the mids/highs,( could they share a clock?) bi-amped with desecrate dacs..........dreaming again.

Thanks for your help, I am a good builder, but my Electo-Engineering skills are able to build a L-pad not much more.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed