Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Brian Donegan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2007 8:31:37 AM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
A shipment of DAC chips has arrived, so I have reopened the Opus DAC sales.

I have marked the Kookaburra, Darwin and JT kits as Out Of Stock, as I am out of several of the parts, and close to out of boards. Because each of these will probably be replaced by new versions in the next couple months, it doesn't make much sense to reorder boards for them at this point. We are therefore thinking of discontinuing each of these for now.

Once we finish up and release the new Uber Controller, we will likely do the following:

Joshua Tree: Redesign the relay board to work specifically with the new controller, probably altering the footprint to our new 3.3"x2.0" layout to match the rest of the lineup. Also create a small driver board to allow older relay boards to work with the new controller for retrofitting.

Kookaburra: This will be superseded by the new PGA2320-based Pogo module, and controlled by the Uber. It will require a separate bipolar supply, such as the LCPBS.

Darwin: We have not decided on how we will replace the Darwin, but that's just because we have not had time to discuss it yet. I actually still have several of these boards, and may just order more parts for the time being. We will also be creating a small driver board for these to allow them to work with the new controller.

Finally, a few words on the Uber Controller. What is the Uber Controller? It will be based on the Microchip PIC24 series MCU and be the main platform for controlling several of our modules. There are several input and output connectors on the controller, and we plan on having several versions of firmware for various setups. For control you will be able to use the Uber with one or two rotary encoders, an LCD display, and remote control. Here are some of the things the Uber will be able to control:

- control (as a group or independently) one or multiple Pogo volume/preamp modules
- control (as a group or independently) one or multiple Joshua Tree attenuator relay boards
- control the Darwin source selector, or it's replacement
- connect to the Opus SPI header and control DAC's internal volume control

It will also give us platform for developing new modules. It will have headers for SPI and I2C buses as well as several GPIO pins, so we can really do anything, just need to write the software to support it.

SRMcGee  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:11:08 AM(UTC)
SRMcGee

Groups: Member

Brian:

The news regarding the Uber controller is exciting, as are the updates to the Joshua Tree and Darwin boards. I've been waiting for this offering since you began hinting about a remote controlled system this past summer. Now it looks like it may be some time yet before the Uber, JT and Darwin kits are available. What are your current thoughts regarding release dates for these kits?

Also, SMD scares me a little. Any chance that these boards will be available in thru-hole form?

Regards,
Scott
Rss Feed  Atom Feed