Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
stewart  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 9, 2018 3:34:31 PM(UTC)
stewart

Groups: Member

Hello,

My Buffalo II was playing for years and the other day I started getting what's best described as FM static in the left channel and couldn't head music. I re-plugged all cables and can hear music now but much more quietly than the right side.

Left out/gnd on the AVCC module measure about .9 and the right measures about 2.7. I'm not sure why the right wouldn't be 3.3 even if the left was fried. It sounds like I need a new AVCC module. Will the new AVCC modules on the site work for the Buffalo II? I have the old shunt regulators.

I had an AVCC module go out a few years ago as well. When I checked the voltage going into the DAC the power supply crept up to supplying 5.8-5.9. I've lowered it back to 5.25. Over time, could the increased voltage fry the regulator?

Thanks.

Russ White  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 12, 2018 5:46:26 PM(UTC)
Russ White

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Yes - I am confident it will work fine (though I can't verify for sure right now) . Actually it should be even better than the old one. :) The only possible problem would be that the new AVCC has a slower start up time - but I don't think it will matter here. Unfortunately I don't have a BII handy to test. One can make the new AVCC module start up faster with minor SMD mod. But like I said - I am pretty confident it will work fine.

Yes - it could have been the excessive voltage - but it also could have been other causes.

Edited by user Monday, February 12, 2018 6:07:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

stewart  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 24, 2018 5:00:49 PM(UTC)
stewart

Groups: Member

Thanks. I mistakenly soldered the male pins to the AVCC module I received instead of the female set (without checking the old module first). Instead of trying to desolder the small pins from the board, do you know of female to female pin connectors I can order to plug the module into the DAC?
Rss Feed  Atom Feed