Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Possum  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 2, 2017 9:32:22 PM(UTC)
Possum

Groups: Member
Australia

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
It took me forever to build, mainly due to coding issues and having to design and build a custom I2C isolation and re-addressing circuit to enable the Arduino to control 3 DACs when there are only 2 possible I2C addresses, but the Tri-Mono DAC is finally working!

It takes an AVB Ethernet stream containing low/mid/high signals streamed from a digital crossover, and uses BIIIs and one B2 in Mono mode to feed 4 channels of amplification attached directly to tweeter, midrange and 2 subwoofer drivers (no nasty passive xover)

Its all controlled via an Arduino + ESP8266 WiFi for remote control.

The Buffalo's are fitted with the latest series tridents and AVCC reg, which sound great! (but means the DACs take more than a second before they can communicate via I2C with the Arduino - which had me flummoxed for some time as I wasn't expecting that much startup delay)

UserPostedImage

Now to build its twin so I can have stereo...

PS: The latest version of the Arduino library used can be downloaded from https://github.com/possum64/BuffaloDAC. IT contains full diagnostics enabling you to see precisely the I2C interactions with the DAC.

Edited by user Saturday, December 2, 2017 9:43:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: fixed picture link

Rss Feed  Atom Feed