Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mitchie  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 26, 2017 4:06:50 PM(UTC)
Mitchie

Groups: Member
Canada

This is my first post and I apologize if this topic has been covered elsewhere in the forum. I looked but am a novice at forums...
I'm using a Chromecast audio to stream Google Play music to an old Musical Fidelity DAC via toslink (it has no USB facility), controlled by Google Home on an Android phone. When it works, the quality is very good, but the Chromecast is prone to overheating. As a partial fix, I've added a heat sink to the Chromecast case, but it may fail, and I'd prefer a more robust setup.
I understand that it's possible to build a Raspberry Pi configuration to replace the wifi/toslink conversion, in which case, I assume that I will need a toslink or coax board. I realize that I'd have to use a different app to control the stream, but that's OK.
I'm not practiced at Raspberry Pi builds and would prefer to buy a proven solution. Does Twisted Pear Audio offer a product that can provide wifi to toslink conversion for streaming audio? If not, do you have a toslink board for a Raspberry Pi?
Thanks!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed