Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jordo  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 11:16:56 PM(UTC)
Jordo

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi all,

I've been working (and waiting for parts) lately to complete my waveio/ teleporter system.

But since I switched to a dedicated Power Supply for the wave/IO (instead of USB PC Power) I hear a 'Tick' trough the speakers when I flip the Light Switch or put a charger (such as for Iphone) in the power socket.

When I operate the the WaveIO by USB power the problem does not exsists.
I use a Placid 2.1 to power the WaveIO and an older version Placid for the Teleporter.

My Teleporter/ WaveIO Chassis is 100% ground islolated from the PC. I even cut trough the shielding of the USB power/ data cable to isolate the PC (and the rest of the system).
I have only the PC connected to ground.

I do also have a netfilter installed for the Waveio/teleporter Chassis.
I have also put the Placid 2.1 on plastic studs because otherwise the ground (-) of the waveio will be connected to the chassis. I might turn that back since the PC has no more connection trough the shielding of the USB cable.

Anyone any suggestions?
I had no such problems since I connected the Placid 2.1 to my Waveio board.

Enyone any idea's?

Thanks in advance!

Jordo

I must probably rewrite this post because the problem seems also to oocur with the USB power on.
I slso swapped between old en new versions Placids. No difference.

I think I still have to find it in the grounding or the lack of it but for now I think this thread can be closed as far as it concerns the Placid.

Edited by user Saturday, January 24, 2015 12:24:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kesgreen  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2015 9:50:43 PM(UTC)
kesgreen

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I used to get drop-outs on my BIII every-time someone turned a light on or off. I toyed with the idea of an isolating transformer, but they're too expensive. Now I use a long power cord and make sure the BIII is plugged into a different circuit (i.e. not a lighting circuit).
Jordo  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 25, 2015 12:54:14 AM(UTC)
Jordo

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Kesgreen,

I did remove some shielding and ground connections which provided a mutch more stable signal.
The tick is gone but there still is a power interuption. I think it tells more about my home infrastructure :)

Edited by user Sunday, January 25, 2015 1:13:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed