Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
SCompRacer  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 5:48:19 PM(UTC)
SCompRacer

Groups: Member

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I have a dual mono BIII with dual Legatos. I have nulled DC on each of the Legatos R and L SE out. I have zero DC on the pos and neg of the balanced out at the XLR measured to the ground of the Legato. I connect pos neg and gnd to the Ventus EZ. On the outputs of the ventus EZ for my SE outputs, I get .25v - .29v DC. A quarter volt. I can't have this. Any suggestions?
Russ White  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 10:05:11 PM(UTC)
Russ White

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Adjust it out?
SCompRacer  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2012 10:23:54 PM(UTC)
SCompRacer

Hi Russ. If I adjust the SE out to zero DC I get it back on the balanced out pos and neg. I want to have both SE and balanced outputs with zero v DC out as I can use both outputs here. Otherwise I am adjusting to use the outputs of choice. I just don't understand as I adjust the Legato R and L SE outs to zero v dc which inputs into the Ventus and get DC with the SE out.

I connect the Ventus EZ's off the back of the balanced out XLR's. Pos, neg and GND.

UserPostedImage

Edited by user Tuesday, September 11, 2012 10:35:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Russ White  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:40:14 AM(UTC)
Russ White

You could try to AC couple the inputs of the Ventus EZ.

Make certain that the differential voltage (between - and +) is truly zero when the thing is running.
SCompRacer  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:25:36 PM(UTC)
SCompRacer

I'll have to get some coupling caps as all I have are large value polarity types. I get .14vdc at the Ventus outputs with no inputs connected so coupling caps on the inputs wouldn't completely eliminate dc anyway.

What about XLR to RCA adapters? As you know they combine GND and NEG of the balanced to RCA out. I stuck one in and get .003 vDC out of the RCA end. Sounds low enough to me....not sure what the max dc amount is for any damage to occur downstream.

Could one just use the pos and neg of the balanced to connect to an RCA? Like make an XLR adapter and not connect GND to the NEG? I appreciate any direction you can provide so I can get on to case design. This thing deserves a good home.;)

Edited by user Wednesday, September 12, 2012 5:26:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Russ White  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 10:47:34 PM(UTC)
Russ White

You can simply use the + and GND. No need to connect the -Out to anything other than the XLR.

Check the differential voltage for me if you will before you try anything further. :)
SCompRacer  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:13:54 PM(UTC)
SCompRacer

Sorry Russ, I did measure but failed to answer. I do get zero vdc (or maybe .001 vdc at times) between pos and neg of the balanced out (which are R and L SE out on the dual mono build Legato's), and zero or .001 between pos and GND or neg and GND of the SE GND of the Legato.

I adjusted the Legato boards in dual mono just like with the single, null out DC on the (unused) balanced out, then null out DC on the R and L SE out.

Thanks for your assistance.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed