Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
albertob  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 7, 2012 3:03:02 AM(UTC)
albertob

Groups: Member

Happy New Year!

I have my project almost over. I have a prototipo mounted in a wooden box. It's a buffalo II DAC with selectable output stage between tube and legato v.3. This change is with a switch. I have used panasonic tq2 relays to make the change.

The relays off (no power) give way to LEGATO. The signal path between dac and legato is 4cm.

The relays on (with power) give way to tube-i-Zator. The signal path is 8-10 cm.

At the moment I have a little more length in the cables and they are somewhat messy, until the final place in the box. All signal cables are silver.

I have used shunt regulators for all power supplies. 2X tridents and a shunt regulator for the clock. Some Russian PIO capacitors and bypass ft3. When placed in the final box I put Mundorf silver in oil in output valves and some resistance Texas Instruments.

The DAC is controlled by arduino. I'm yet to put a usb-i2s interfece. Russ / Brian for when we have the usb-i2s xmos?. At the moment it is connected by toslink. My source is a MacMini.

The sound is fantastic. At the moment I do not find differences with the version without relays
The pictures are made with a mobile phone.

Sorry for my bad English.

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

A design image for the box and the front. It will be a chassis with 10mm front modu.it

UserPostedImage

Regards

Al

Edited by user Wednesday, May 16, 2012 8:55:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

albertob  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 1, 2012 8:41:49 PM(UTC)
albertob

Groups: Member

I'm done!. great sound!
Thanks Brian/Russ

Al

UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
Rss Feed  Atom Feed