Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
maxlorenz  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2006 3:59:24 PM(UTC)
maxlorenz

Groups: Customer, Beta Testers

Hi,
I think TXD will be a great partner as output stage for the Opus DAC. I run a transfomer based volume control and sometimes the sound gets thin with (direct out) voltage-output DAC's. An output stage gives more punch and bottom end in my case.
Do you have a price for it yet?
I asume that both are compatible...

Thanks,
Mauricio
Obsessive-compulsive builder.
Russ White  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2006 6:15:54 PM(UTC)
Russ White

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 83 post(s)
maxlorenz wrote:
Hi,
I think TXD will be a great partner as output stage for the Opus DAC. I run a transfomer based volume control and sometimes the sound gets thin with (direct out) voltage-output DAC's. An output stage gives more punch and bottom end in my case.
Do you have a price for it yet?
I asume that both are compatible...

Thanks,
Mauricio

Hi Mauricio,

Yes indeed, the TXD was actually designed with this purpose in mind, along with others. :)

We have a few PCBs we could certainly get you a pair. I am not sure about parts, but probably those too. I will let Brian speak up about that. At the very least I can get you a couple TXD PCBs. The TXD requires a +/- 15V power supply, normally we would use he same PS as OPUS, but we don't have any more of those PCBs right now. We will be ordering more soon though.

Cheers!
Russ
Brian Donegan  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, December 6, 2006 8:19:37 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
I am almost ready with the TXD kits. We will offer it with two resistor sets to deliver unity gain (1x) or 4x. Caps are 47uF Panasonic FC (for now), .1uF Wima MKP, resistors are Phoenix MRS (1%) and IRC RN55 Precision (0.1%). Input (instrumentation) op amp is the LM4562 (!) and, of course, the THS4131. Will be working up the pricing this week. The kit will include 2 of the regulated power supply boards as Russ mentioned along with it's parts.
maxlorenz  
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2006 8:59:05 AM(UTC)
maxlorenz

Thanks guys. I wanted to confirm that.
I'm not on a hurry as I want to hear first how will the Opus sound, paired with TVC(to UCD) and Kookaburra(to My-ref).

Off topic: yesterday I suceeded to de-bug my heavilly modded M-Audio superDAC (CS8414->AK4393DAC chip) fed with Monarchy Audio's DIP upsampler, de-jitter (CS8420ASRC). This is the best digital source I own and the best I've heard. IMHO the upsampling really works. When time and knowledge allows, I will bypass CS8414 and connect directly CS8420 upsampler/rec to AK DAC chip, through I2S. Later I could make a complete I2S chain from transport on.
All this is to say that you should really consider making and upsampling Opus later, changing your present receiver for a good upsampler chip, and see what happens... when you are bored :-)
The decrease in noise and increase in resolution and soundstage is worth the pain.

Bye,
Mauricio

BastiaanMeelberg  
#5 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2006 6:28:02 AM(UTC)
BastiaanMeelberg

Groups: Customer

Hi,

I would like to order a pair of Twisted X Drivers (Kit, or PCB only). Any news when the Twisted X Driver is ready to ship?

Gr,

Bastiaan
Brian Donegan  
#6 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2006 6:31:34 AM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

I actually have some prototype boards and kits, but no power supply boards at the moment.
BastiaanMeelberg  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2006 6:44:05 AM(UTC)
BastiaanMeelberg

Groups: Customer

Brian Donegan wrote:
I actually have some prototype boards and kits, but no power supply boards at the moment.

Great!
Having no PS is no problem for now. I have a nice +/- 15V prototype PS I can use.

Send you a pm.
maxlorenz  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2006 2:16:11 PM(UTC)
maxlorenz

Brian Donegan wrote:
I am almost ready with the TXD kits. We will offer it with two resistor sets to deliver unity gain (1x) or 4x. Caps are 47uF Panasonic FC (for now), .1uF Wima MKP, resistors are Phoenix MRS (1%) and IRC RN55 Precision (0.1%). Input (instrumentation) op amp is the LM4562 (!) and, of course, the THS4131. Will be working up the pricing this week. The kit will include 2 of the regulated power supply boards as Russ mentioned along with it's parts.

Hi,
I think I have everything safe THS4131 and perhaps resistors(depending on value) to build the Twisted X driver, including LM4562 if DIP is OK...and I still have two superregulated supplies I can use...I only have to try to fix the I2S direct Opus Brick wall

So, with a plane PCB and THS4131 + resistors I will be a happy costumer :d/

Price?

Thanks,
M
Brian Donegan  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 18, 2006 2:42:10 PM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

this is still preliminary, but pricing for a complete TXD kit (2 - LCPS boards, 2 - TXD boards, and all parts) will be about $170. I will try to get a TXD and TXO page up on the site soon.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed