Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
flocchini  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 7, 2011 4:19:34 PM(UTC)
flocchini

Groups: Member

I recently changed my Buffalo II so it is clocked synchronously with a XMOS USB to I2S board. I connected the clock at R17 after removing the Paul Hynes regulator which was feeding the BII clock. I have output through the Legato III balanced, SE and headphone outputs if I disconnect the Volumite. With the Volumite connected everything is muted. The Volumite worked previously. The problem occurs whether I use 5V from Buffalo board plus the Volumite reg or 3.25V from BII with Volumite regulator removed. At the Volumite boards are %V or 3.25V per source. At the Volumite I have 3.25V SCL to ground and .50mV SDA to ground. This remains the same regardless of pot position. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks
glt  
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2011 5:15:41 PM(UTC)
glt

When you disconnect the volumite, do you put back the original microprocessor?.
flocchini  
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2011 11:00:57 PM(UTC)
flocchini

glt

Good point. I didn't even think of putting processor back in because I had output. Tomorrow I am going to try very short leads to volumite board and longer leads to the pot. I will also put the original processor in if Volumite is disconnected. Thanks !!!
glt  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2011 12:40:46 AM(UTC)
glt

When you startup the DAC without the uP, the DAC starts with all registers in default value (so you get sound). Right after power on, the uP will reprogram all the registers to other values, including volume level. Volumite may be programming the DAC with minimum value (Can you hear anything?). Try checking the resistance of the pot as you turn it.
flocchini  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2011 4:32:23 PM(UTC)
flocchini

Thanks glt

The pot does change resistance as you rotate it.

I installed BII microP. No Volumite. I get sound of max volume out balanced, SE and headphone outputs.

Removed BII microP. Shortened leads from BII to Volumite to about 1 inch. Remotely mounted pot with 8 inch leads. Fired it up. I get max volume out regardless of where pot is set.

No apparent shorts between V,Gnd, SCL, SDA

Thanks for the help you have given. It appears that Volumite is not reprogramming.

regis  
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2011 8:16:08 AM(UTC)
regis

Canada

Resetting the Dac won't help !
flocchini  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2011 5:36:55 PM(UTC)
flocchini

Bunpei suggested that I try turning the Wave IO board on before the BII. I implemented this and my Volumite now controls the output (at least the balanced output.) Thank you Bunpei as well as everyone who passed on suggestions

Next bit of troubleshooting is to see why my Placid HD BP only measures +2V when connected to the Ballsie/HP section of the Legato III. Negative voltage remains at -13.5V
Rss Feed  Atom Feed