Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
wadsbrau  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2008 9:57:08 AM(UTC)
wadsbrau

Groups: Member

Brian

I originally built the OPUS into a CD player project that used a PC DVD drive and controller board for remote control. After much use I am unhappy with the control of the cd player portion (too clunky and lock-ups etc). So, I have decided to build the OPUS project as a stand alone DAC and use an external player as a transport.

I would like to go ahead and build it exactly like the demo you made back in October. I have the parts list. I have a machinist friend that can make me a front and back panel. I have only one thing standing in my way. I am not proficient in designing electronics. But, I can read a diagram. I read this today:

Brian Donegan wrote:
Hi Paul-

In the DAC I used one of the 3-position/4-pole rotary switches from our Darwin kits to control an OTTO prototype, resulting in a two-source selector + off. I did not run any analog of digital audio signals through the switch. I simply ran Vbus from the USB module (5V when USB connected) to the switch, then to the OTTO. I also ran AC power to one of the switch poles. In the Off position, everything was disconnected. In S/PDIF and USB positions, the system was powered up. Since the OTTO was being powered by Vbus, if no USB source was connected, the OTTO coudl not turn on, so S/PDIF was always active, regardless of whether the selector was set for USB or S/PDIF. Once Vbus was available (there was a USB source), selecting USB would enable the USB via the OTTO. I also used small bi-color LEDs, switching them with yet another switch pole, to indicate which sources were available.

Hope this helps.

The rotary switch is from Mouser, part number 105-SR2511F-43FN.

UserPostedImage

I understand the principles involved. However, I was wondering if there was any way you could send me a schematic of wiring the AC power, OTTO and the LED's to the rotary switch. Like you did for this project.

If this would be too much work and take too much of your time. I understand.

Thank you
Darren
Brian Donegan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2008 10:04:08 AM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
I'll see what I can do. I don;t actually have the DAC at the moment, so I need to try to do it from memory.
wadsbrau  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 9, 2008 11:53:34 AM(UTC)
wadsbrau

Groups: Member

Brian,

Were you able to find some info for me?

Thanks

Darren
Rss Feed  Atom Feed