Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
tjencks  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2011 5:00:55 PM(UTC)
tjencks

Groups: Member

Russ,

I'd like to get a little clarification on this thread for those of us who are not so knowledgeable regarding the best possible configuration of a Legato2 running Dual Mono Buff 2's.

I'm planning to use only the balanced output of the Legato2 into my PrePro which is an Integra DHC80.2. The XLR input on the Integra I don't believe is a fully balanced circuit from end to end so perhaps I'd be better off just using the SE/ballsie stage on the Legato2 but will take opinions on the matter.

Second I've installed R187 resistors for R1-4 ... I was trying to achieve 2V output however that was before I understood the implications of running a single Legato2 with Dual Mono Buff 2's ... so from this thread I understand that R1-4 should be 75R or perhaps even lower such as 68ohm may be best...if I go this route in Legato 2 would I replace R21-24 with 2.2 times the value of R1-4? Such that if I use 68ohm in 1-4 I'd use 150ohm in R21-24...or does this apply only to Legato 1?

Last I've managed to have some left over .1uF Mundorf Silver Oil caps from another project. Would it be advisable / advantageous to replace any caps in the Legato 2 circuit with these?

This is a repost of one I made on the diyaudio forums but thought the answer might prove useful for those of us with one Legato2 and dual mono buffs.

Best Regards,
Theo
Rss Feed  Atom Feed