Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
NicMac  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 3:50:17 AM(UTC)
NicMac

Groups: Member

I already have a Volumite and I'm considering to try to put my hand on one of the Buffalo32S. Do you have Buffalo32S Volumite firmware ready for us?
Thanks
AudioBear  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 7:54:50 AM(UTC)
AudioBear

Yes I'd like to know this as well (Buffalo32s/Volumite), also what about the balanced to single ended conversion Russ hinted at?
Brian Donegan  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 17, 2009 8:15:14 AM(UTC)
Brian Donegan

Groups: Administration, Customer

Was thanked: 141 time(s) in 134 post(s)
Firmware option for Buffalo32s added to the Volumite page.

We have two options for Buffalo32s single-ended output if turn-off thump is an issue in your setup:

First, a simple relay board called the ThumpBuster. This is a small relay board powered by the analog rails, much like the relay on the IVY, it simply shunts the output to ground at power off preventing any thumps. These will come free with the Buffalo32s. With it, you can simple use +OUT and GND and get performance nearly as good as the balanced outputs.

Second, we have a new, smaller, simpler kit version of the Ballsie called the Ballsie Lite coming out in a couple weeks (boards will be here next week, but I need to kit up the parts). It has a single LME49720 and optional simple filtering. The best way to use it would be to install it at the destination rather than the source, so you get the benefit of balanced transmission lines, but it would work in either location. I am going to try very hard to have them ready to ship before the Buff32s modules ship, but I am also in the process of packing up our house to move, so I cannot promise that will be the case.
AudioBear  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 18, 2009 12:28:25 AM(UTC)
AudioBear

As ever Brian thank you for the speed and completeness of your reply and of course good luck with the house move, I do not envy you, so I hope it all goes well.

One further question, I'd like to be able to add a sort of replacement motorised pot, (I guess,) to my Volumite, is their anything in particular I should be looking out for apart from 5K Linear? Any suggestions anyone it is obviously for volume remote control, no other functions necessary.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed