Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
skjensen  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2015 4:02:44 PM(UTC)
skjensen

Groups: Member

Does anyone have suggestions for a USB to I2S board to be used with Buffalo III for 8 channel audio?

A lot of the former options are no longer produced. And it seems there is problems with MiniDSP's USBstreamer (their forum has unsolved issues), or can somebody confirm that these problems are solved / can be solved?
Possum  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2015 3:05:48 PM(UTC)
Possum

Groups: Member
Australia

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I battled with the USBStreamer and also the MiniStreamer but they do not work reliably with the Buffalo (loses lock and other nasty probs with the ministreamers).

I have considered trying to reclock them as a last resort but haven't bothered to-date with all the time I've wasted on them.

If you want 8 channel I can recommend the Asus Xonar card, which exposes 8 channel I2S, in conjunction with Teleporters. I am only doing quadrophonic using separate Buffs but it should work using 2 teleporters to a single 8 channel Buff.

Personally, I far prefer quadrophonic anyway. Mixing 8 channels into quad using 2 dual mono Buffs sounds much better than 1 Buffalo III in 8 channel mode (but that's 4 Buff's vs 1 of course)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed