Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
xluorp  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:52:23 PM(UTC)
xluorp

Groups: Member

Hi,
Just installed a set of Teleporters to tap I2s signals from a computer sound card and route to Buffalo III DAC. The Teleporters are working great except are very sensitive to turn on transients from other electrical devices throughout the house. Previously I had the two components connected directly (back to back) for testing purposes. When connected this way dropouts would occur when a power amp was turned on but that was all. I can live with that. Using the Teleporters the dac is much more sensitive to this and dropouts occur so often that it becomes unacceptable.

The Buffalo currently resides in an open topped wood enclosure and is connected with about 1 meter cat5 cable. I have ordered a metal enclosure that may help. Would some sort of power line filter help? Any ideas would be appreciated. I am very happy with the product otherwise.

Thanks, Mike
Possum  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:03:09 PM(UTC)
Possum

Australia

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I had (and still have) the same problem. I tried the suggestions of shielded cat5 cable (which made no difference), and ensuring that both sides were grounded (which might have made some difference but did not eliminate the problem).

I recently put in a Furman power conditioner which improved things greatly but has not eliminated the problem entirely.

Problem is that I don't just get drop outs. Sometimes its a nasty spike that damages my tweeters. My last hope is to try galvanic isolation.

I assume this is due to the Teleporter passing through (or perhaps creating?) transmission errors caused by transients in the power supply (which can be caused by an arc as a mechanical switch is turned off/on).

I am considering using an I2S-USB-I2S solution instead as it uses a transmission protocol with error correction which may resolve the issue - whereas I understand that the teleporter blindly passes through whatever it thinks it has received.
branko  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2017 10:00:19 PM(UTC)
branko

Hi,

little bit late to the party :)

Just run int he same problem. did you find a solution yet?

Thanks

Branko
Jordo  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2017 10:16:11 PM(UTC)
Jordo

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I had the same and it all came down to the grounding/ shielding.
It took me occupied for months.

I had isolated the WaveIO board too mutch but instead I had to use it's designated ground studs.

Please carefully review you grounding plan.

Possum  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 9, 2017 10:29:45 PM(UTC)
Possum

Australia

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Yes - I instead decided to use AVB over IP for long transmissions :-) - which turned out to be a far better (if more expensive) solution for me anyway. Absolutely no transient issues and can send many channels over existing ethernet installation (if you have AVB-compatible switches that is)

Sorry to say that the Teleporters only worked well for me when I was powering both ends from the same supply - eg: moving signals around in the same box or if you sacrifice one of the channels and do a Power over ethernet-type setup. Then they work flawlessly.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed