Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Login

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
6L6PPP  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 14, 2015 4:37:40 PM(UTC)
6L6PPP

Groups: Member
United States

Hello DIYers,

I have an Opus DAC with a Zap filter output stage I bought several years ago. The DAC has never worked correctly. The DAC originally had a balanced digital input. I only had coax input so the seller agreed to make the input change. The change was done and I received the DAC.

But, the sound starts to deteriorate after 10 or so minutes and gets progressively noiser until you have mostly noise. I sent the DAC to the person the seller had do the change twice and he could not fix the DAC. I tried getting the DAC repaired without any takers.

The DAC has been sitting in my closet for five years and I had about forgot about the unit. I would be willing to pay for parts, if necessary and repair. The DAC sounds wonderful for up to 15-20 minutes and then the noise starts. Sometimes you only get 10 minutes before the noise start. The noise becomes present using the coax or toslink inputs. It is a shame this DAC is not working and being used. I wanted to try one more time to see if someone could diagnose and fix the problem.

If you would be willing to take on the project my contact info is ....

ecline6@columbus.rr.com .... or you can email me on the forum.

Thank you, Earl Cline
Rss Feed  Atom Feed